March 6

Talks

Conferences are fabulous and I really love attending them, both as a participant and a speaker.  I find that I always get something from every session I attend and they always provide me with a little boost.

I’ve come to realise that I prefer hands-on workshops with practical ideas much more than theoretical talks and as such, that’s the kind of session which I present.

You’ll find a number of activities from my sessions throughout the blog, but if you would like further details on any one in particular, please feel free to get in touch.

• (non-)Techy Activities with Teens
  • 15 Things to Use on Monday
  • A Picture Paints A Thousand Words
  • Going CRAZY with YLs
  • Miguelito and Mexican Melodramas
  • One-Board Games for All
  • Target Language, Emergent Language
  • There Are No Wrong Answers

2 thoughts on “Talks

1. Jazmin

Hi!, I am new to all of the blog participation, but I was wondering how you use the One-board gaames for all, maybe I can use it in my classroom with my kids

Reply
    1. Teresa Bestwick (Post author)

Hi Jazmin,
      Thanks for the message. On this page you can find some of the one-board games: https://viewsfromthewhiteboard.edublogs.org/activities-for-your-classroom/
      They’re basically boards with 36 questions on – students roll two dice and answer a question according to the number rolled. For example, if they roll a 3 and a 4, they can answer the question in spot (3,4) or (4,3).
      The boards are aimed at students preparing for Cambridge exams, but they’re generally just personal information questions so they don’t need to be specifically be used in exam-preparation classes.
      Hope that helps 🙂

Reply