End of Week 3 now and I’m very excited as this afternoon I’m doing the session on Visual Literacy. Followers of the blog will have noticed I’ve been using more multimedia resources this year and this afternoon’s session is a very hands-on look at using video and photos in the classroom.
For the trainees attending the session, and for anyone else who’s interested, here are some useful links to sites and lesson plans using video and pictures:
• Ceri Jones has some great lesson plans on her blog close up
• Lesson Stream, Jamie Keddie’s site, provides very detailed lesson plans based on short clips
• Michelle Worgan has posted some great activities on her blog, including a lesson based on Free Running
• eltpics gives teachers a place to share pictures on a variety of topics, all of which are available under a Creative Commons License. If you’re interested in joining the venture, check out this post on Sandy Millin’s blog
• English Attack is a great site where your students can learn English watching short video clips and music videos
• The onestopenglish article Teaching English Using Video also provides very detailed plans for teaching different levels and looks at the different activities you can do with video